The Others

 

The Others

By: Shenielle Ameish Duncan

     I was awoken by their presence.  It was as if the atmosphere had suddenly changed, the air was now thick and breathing became a difficulty.  Their presence weakened me somewhat and I tried to fight the atmospheric venom that was now consuming me slowly.  They spoke in accordance; simultaneously whispering negativity, telling me I was nothing, chanting I was weak and I would not escape them like I did in previous times.  This time was final and I could feel the humid sheath of death lingering, smiling at me with pleasure.  Fear caressed me bitterly, crippling every cell in my body.  

    My spirit was now watching me lie motionless.  The linens had been removed during my physical struggle to evade the dark presence that lingered around me, taunting me, rebuking me, mocking me.  My nakedness was exposed and they clawed at my flesh, piercing me with what felt like large needles boring into my skin and I was bleeding.  They were many and my inner self wondered how I would escape this time.  It was dark but I could see them moving so swiftly their images were just shadows floating around.  I was now crying; my tears became stained with blood as they ran down my cheeks.  What started out as small droplets became streams and I could feel the linen beneath my face absorbing every tear.

       As if my spirit saw my sorrow and felt my torture she knelt quietly and began praying.  Father, you are strong; you are mighty; you created me to withstand these brutal attacks.  My flesh is weak but you promised to cover me under your wings, my heart is consumed but you promise to comfort me in times of sorrow.  My strength has left me but you promised you will always be with me, where are you now Lord because I am feeling defeated.  Where are you to possess me with the strength of Samson, to equip me with the brilliance of Elijah?  Where are you God I need you?  

    I remain motionless but something had changed, the army of shadows had retreated and their voices faded.   I could now feel strength seducing me slowly, might caressing me gloriously and my motionless body had regained life.  I was still crying and my spirit continuously prayed I could see her kneeling fervently beseeching on my behalf.  

     Suddenly three figures appeared, as if traveling from another world they came through a portal not visible to me.  The figures on the left and right were faceless but the figure in the middle had a face of something not yet created.  It appeared in the form of a man. His eyes were green and his face hairy, he had no lips so I was staring astonished by his very white teeth and bleeding gums. 

    He spoke and it was no ordinary sound.  It was deep and monstrous, commanding with a strong demanding tone.  “Why are you so prayerful?’’ he asked.  My entire body erupted in pimples as fear fought with my spirit to repossess me.  I was still crying but something had changed I was confident and strong within myself. I looked up at this beast of a man and I responded, “I pray because it is my source of strength, I pray because it is my niche in which I escape my realities and find great solace and

I pray because beasts like you can only be stopped through prayer.’’ I pondered where I had gotten these words but my spirit smiled as she had repossessed me.   

      My words angered the creature and it lurched and grabbed me by the neck strangling me forcefully.  He pinned me down on the bed and said, “I will see if you are as strong as your words, we will see if your God is so powerful and mighty to save you.’’  He opened my legs so as to have full possession and control as he strangled me pressing me down in the bed.  I felt breathless but not weak, defenseless but not fearful, my spirit took control and I reached up and grabbed him in his face, this took him by surprise but before he could react I was tearing his face in half he gave out a loud cry and the darkness that was surrounding me faded.  I awoke with my hands gripping my sheet so tightly my fingers were swollen and aching.  I sat up in bed feeling exhausted, confused numb but relieved, I had conquered yet another attack from the underworld. 

 I have been given yet another chance to live.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mandemic (Covid-19)

Intro To the beginning of My Walk of Faith.